Raw vegan balls are so versatile and can be tweaked in loads of ways so as to suit one’s tastebuds. To be honest the raw balls I make are always slightly different from any previous batch, depending on what ingredients I’d have in my pantry. This batch, however, turned out to be the tastiest and most addictive batch yet, hands down. They turned out so flavourful and decadent that it’s hard to believe they’re actually super healthy!
These raw balls are amazing to have for breakfast or as a snack. When I’m running late for uni in the morning I usually take two of these raw balls along with a banana and I’m set for the morning! Packed with carbs, protein and healthy fats, these raw balls will keep you fuelled throughout the morning, and are a super healthy (and insanely delicious) start to your day! They are also gluten free.
I personally like preparing these on Sunday so as to have them ready for the week ahead. They are super easy to make and don’t require a lot of time, which makes them the perfect snack to prepare when tight for time!
This recipe makes 10 large raw balls
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 6 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp natural chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, and extra to roll the balls in
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse
- Add the dates and coconut and pulse further
- Add the peanut butter and pulse until well-combined
- Finally, add the raw cacao and pulse
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls and then roll in shredded coconut
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until firm
- Enjoy! 🙂