Let’s be honest – we all experience energy crashes from time to time, particularly mid-morning or afternoon when on the go. This might make you reach for unhealthy snacks, energy drinks, or coffee. Such snacks would only cause another energy crash after some time, leaving you back where you started (feeling sluggish and groggy, which would in turn lead you to reach for another cup of coffee or pack of sweets, and the cycle goes on). Fuelling your body with natural foods containing plant-based sources of protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates will provide you with a great energy boost which will keep you energised for much longer than unhealthy snacks containing refined sugars and caffeine will! These superseed bliss balls are also perfect for on-the-go snacking – just pack one or two of them before leaving the house and your snack is sorted!
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 tsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 almonds, chopped
- Pit the dates and soak them in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the dates and mash them with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chia seeds, flaxseeds, shredded coconut and chopped almonds.
- In a food processor, combine the mashed dates and oats.
- Add in the chia seeds, flaxseeds, shredded coconut and chopped almonds to the date and oat mixture, and pulse until a sticky crumbly consistency is reached.
- Roll into balls and place in a container in the fridge for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut
- Enjoy! 🙂
These bliss balls are best stored in a sealed container in the fridge, and last up to around 5 days.